I honestly woke up today with more anticipation than I've felt for Christmas morning in decades. Still half-asleep, I stumbled over to my computer and jiggled the mouse to make the Canucks logo screen saver go away so I could pull up the team's site. Although there are some interesting offers on the table, there is no big news yet. Luckily there is plenty to do while I wait.
Canucks icons have been pulled off my hard drive and re-added to YM for the upcoming season. My lucky puck is out on my desk again, within easy reach so I can worry it between my hands whenever I'm listening to a tense play, a close game. Stats are being studied, line-mates pondered, and there is so much fan chatter on the team forums that the boards are repeatedly crashing.
That's right, I'm no casual fan, I'm the real deal. And, because of my love for Vancouver and for its team, I consider myself an 'officially unofficial Canadian'. So Happy Canada Day, everyone... and Merry Christmas! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment